Down to Earth – Down Under, with Zac Efron
Make a Difference
MAKE A FEW CHANGES IN YOUR HOME TO SAVE MONEY AND THE PLANET.
- Turn off phantom power loads. 20% of our at home usage is used when we aren’t using our appliances. Unplug to save
- Wash clothes in cold water. 75% of energy used for laundry is used to heat up the water.
- Install high-efficiency appliances.
- Seal your windows and doors
- Switch to Solar
- Eco-friendly paint
- Use drapes or blinds to cool your home
- Watch your water usage
- Programmable thermostat
- Unplug devices
- Use natural light
- Using your ceiling fan
- Line dry whenever possible
- Have houseplants in every room
- Get a low-flow showerhead
- Use the dishwasher over hand-washing: https://www.greenmountainenergy.com/customer-service-center/green-living-tips/eco-friendly-home-tips